whitney.steve

Web 3.0

Jeffrey Zeldman wrote an article called Web 3.0, on A List Apart, detailing the emergence of Web 2.0 and chronicling both the absurdity and greatness of what the internet is and where it is going. I really enjoy his writing, although I am not a professional web designer, web design is my favorite distraction.

I read a book many years ago, okay maybe four, by Eric Meyer called Eric Meyer on CSS. The book transformed both the way I viewed the internet and the way I made web sites. Maybe that is giving Eric Meyer too much credit, it is a book about CSS afterall, but I finally saw the importance of web standards, the importance of separating style from content, and I finally started designing web pages that didn't suck.

Now even though all of my sites are powered by Blogger, it is the CSS that makes them unique. Thanks Eric.

No comments: